Do you agree that the travel accessories are meant to ensure your comfort and hygiene. A travel towel is a must have item for all travellers. Let’s see why:
Why you should buy a travel towel?
1. Hygiene: Your towels are way much dirtier than you could expect! A dirty towel is a comfortable home for numbers of bacteria and microbes which can cause many kinds of infectious diseases.
Me as I person who have trust issues, I always carry my own towels. I didn’t mean to say towels from hotels are not clean, but there’s a possibility of an uncleaned towel in your room. Nothing is 100% guaranteed, right?
So having your own towel means you’re protecting yourself from infectious diseases. Also doctors recommend not to switch your towel even with your family and everyone had better has their own towels.
2. Travel towels dry faster: What’s worse than a stinky smell of a wet towel in your bag? Travel towels are usually made of a material called microfiber which gets dry faster than other traditional materials like cotton.
3. They save space: Travel towels are perfect for hikers, backpackers and anyone who have a little space in their bag. Compared to the regular towels, they can be easily folded or rolled and become 10 times smaller.
4. A great durability: From my experience, I found travel towels quite durable. I have been using one for over nine years and there’s still no fading or fraying on the edges. Towels made of a microfiber fabric don’t pill like cotton fabrics. Also they are perfect for beach, because it’s easy to brush off the sand or anything from the towel.
Well, what to consider before buying a travel towel?
If you are interested, see a list of The Best Travel Towels which have all the must-have qualities of an excellent travel towel.
- Absorbent quality: Very first thing to look for in a travel towel is it should be super-absorbent. After swimming at pool, beach or showering all you need to do is to dry off quickly.
- It must gets dry fast: Towels that gets dry in a short period of time are essential. Most of towels take at least 20 minutes to get completely dry in the sun. But there are some travel towels which dries in just few minutes. Especially when you are travelling, a fast-drying towel will save your time, because in case you have no time to dry your towel, you’ll have two choices: to wait till it gets dry or put it in your back without drying and it gets stink.
- Softness: Since it touches your skin, it needs to be super soft. Some towels cause itching which makes uncomfort because they’re not soft enough.
- Weight: All of your travel accessories including the towel should be lightweight, because that’s how you take as much items as possible. Compared to traditional regular towels that you use at home, travel towels are lightweight. When the towel gets wet, its weight increases dramatically, then an uncomfortable ,heavy, wet thing on your back is not recommended to your beach night. So heavy towels are not suitable for travelling.
- Color: Colors that don’t get dirty easily should be preferred. Because when you are travelling there are fewer chances to wash your towel. Also you will wash it by hands, therefore keep in mind that big, noticable spots won’t disappear easily.
- Anti-bacterial property: Make sure your towel is anti-bacterial, because it’s so important for hygiene.
- Compact: In order to save space in your backpack or suitcase, choose as compact towel as possible. But it must not be too thin, because you will feel like you’re wiping off with a paper.