If you’re not good at ironing clothes and want to know how to iron properly, you have come to the right page. Some of us don’t like this chore. But since we wear clothes everyday, no even every single hour, we can’t avoid from ironing our clothes.
Ironing also requires some skills as well, but don’t think it’s difficult! To be honest it is really fun work when you know the easiest and proper ways to do it!
In order to iron your clothes perfectly:
Work properly with the function!
Plug in the iron, turn it on and adjust the heating level depending on the textile you want to iron. Oh by the way, check its water tank. And never ever use it without any water because it will cause a terrible stick on a textile due to lack of steam. Use a spray to get better results.
Don’t forget to prepare a big enough ironing board. Without a good, flat board it’s not easy and fun to do this job. Also I hope you don’t throw your newly-ironed clothes into the chair or sofa. If you do that, now it’s time to use a hanger. Just prepare it before ironing and it will keep your clothes in a great condition till you put it on.
Different methods for different fabrics!
- Iron cotton and linen fabrics with high heat, and also use spray.
- Wool and silk requires a low heat and use a pressing cloth if needed.
- Polyester, acrylic and nylon needs to be ironed with low heat. You can steam polyester but never steam acrylic and nylon. Also can use spray if necessary.
- Only steam velvet. This buddy hates ironing.
It’s a great habit to sort out your clothes based on their fabric type. Remember that start ironing with clothes that needs lower temperature heat.
Moreover, some delicate fabrics including satin, silk, linen and rayon are needed to be ironed inside. Flip them out, it will avoid burning surface of the fabric when they are fragile.
How to iron shirts?
Start with the sleeves after opening the cuffs. If you leave sleeves for the last, other parts will get wrinkled easily. Then open the shirt up move to the collar. Afterwards iron the back side and then the front side.
How to iron pants?
First of all, lay your pants down and find the main crease by joining both legs equally, following the stitches. Lay one leg on another one and top leg should be folded over the waist. Start from the waist, then gently move to the bottom. Flip the pants and repeat for the another leg.
How to iron skirts and dresses?
For dresses with collars and sleeves, use the same method used for shirts. Iron the skirt starting from the waist to the bottom. Also iron the back side first.
Safety is a priority!
- What is the rule number one? Of course make sure the iron is turned off and plugged off. Then folks, never ever ever rush to put it away until it completely cools down. Who wants to burn their house?
- Always keep the iron out of small children! Even when it’s not in use, just take it away and hide it from those little ones.
- Check the chord if it’s completely covered.
- Never put irons faced down if you don’t want to smell a burning.
- Buy an iron with safety features, for example a cordless iron would be much better and safer.
- In case of skin burn, immediately pour cold water onto the burnt area. Get a medical help if there’s a blister appeared.
Articles of Interest